Question Why is my Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 Pump Not Working?

May 8, 2023
I have recently purchased a arctic liquid freezer for my system. After installing it I noticed in BIOS that my idle temps sky rocket to about 90 degree Celsius. This issue persists after I changed from the CPU_FAN header to the CPU_PUMP header. I have gone back and forth between these headers and during the short duration that I am in BIOS I have altered the type of power for these headers to PWM, changing the curve to be maxed out regardless of temp. My pump has only ever turned on once and I have not been able to replicate it. It turned on while connected to the CPU_PUMP header for the first time, but after a restart the pump did not turn back on. I am uncertain what I should do and whether there is an easy solution staring right at me. Any advice is appreciated.

I have recently purchased a arctic liquid freezer for my system. After installing it I noticed in BIOS that my idle temps sky rocket to about 90 degree Celsius. This issue persists after I changed from the CPU_FAN header to the CPU_PUMP header. I have gone back and forth between these headers and during the short duration that I am in BIOS I have altered the type of power for these headers to PWM, changing the curve to be maxed out regardless of temp. My pump has only ever turned on once and I have not been able to replicate it. It turned on while connected to the CPU_PUMP header for the first time, but after a restart the pump did not turn back on. I am uncertain what I should do and whether there is an easy solution staring right at me. Any advice is appreciated.
Pump alone doesn't report or allow for speed change. It uses only 2 pins for 12v and runs at 100% speed all the time. Are you connecting pump separately or daisy chained with fans ? Is little fan on pump turning ?

May 8, 2023
Pump alone doesn't report or allow for speed change. It uses only 2 pins for 12v and runs at 100% speed all the time. Are you connecting pump separately or daisy chained with fans ? Is little fan on pump turning ?
On this AIO in particular it has one cable to connect to either the CPU_FAN or CPU_PUMP header on my motherboard. Arctic daisy chains all of these connections together to connect them together.

On this AIO in particular it has one cable to connect to either the CPU_FAN or CPU_PUMP header on my motherboard. Arctic daisy chains all of these connections together to connect them together.
Little fan on pump is connected with pump motor and also runs at full speed all the time. is it turning ?
Pump can be connected separately, does your MB have AIO_PUMP or W_PUMP headers ?
Actually at this point you might want to give us model of MB and CPU. It's not inconceivable that pump is dead or it's power cut.

May 8, 2023
Little fan on pump is connected with pump motor and also runs at full speed all the time. is it turning ?
Pump can be connected separately, does your MB have AIO_PUMP or W_PUMP headers ?
Actually at this point you might want to give us model of MB and CPU. It's not inconceivable that pump is dead or it's power cut.
My motherboard is a ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI D5 and my CPU is an i7 13700k. The little fan spins up with no problem. I misspoke when I said CPU_PUMP, my mobo has it labeled as AIO_PUMP. The three options are CPU_FAN, AIO_PUMP, & CPU_OPT.

My motherboard is a ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI D5 and my CPU is an i7 13700k. The little fan spins up with no problem. I misspoke when I said CPU_PUMP, my mobo has it labeled as AIO_PUMP. The three options are CPU_FAN, AIO_PUMP, & CPU_OPT.
In that case I would suspect pump itself, can you RMA cooler ? Is it new ? There was a series of those coolers with faulty gaskets which blocked water flow and Arctic has issued warning and free replacement or a gasket kit.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHdEqWpexH0&t=6s

May 8, 2023
In that case I would suspect pump itself, can you RMA cooler ? Is it new ? There was a series of those coolers with faulty gaskets which blocked water flow and Arctic has issued warning and free replacement or a gasket kit.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHdEqWpexH0&t=6s
I have watched that video previously it is a rev 7 of the cooler. I am opening an RMA and will be sending it in today because I just purchased it this week. Hopefully I will have it resolved by the end of the week.

Reactions: CountMike