[SOLVED] Why is my Brand New build crashing after a few hours?

Jul 4, 2020
This is going to be a bit wordy to give the full story/detail of what is happening

Back in January of this year, I started researching and ordering new parts for this high-end PC for my gaming/streaming needs. I got all the parts and put it all together back in March. I have since then been using the computer regularly, but I come into problems time and time again.

After fully building it and installing everything, my first error came when I tried logging into my computer, and my keyboard wasn't being registered by my pc. I had to launch it into safe mode in order to access it again, and the only solution was to fully re-install Windows. Since then I haven't had any issues with logging in.

My newest problem is 2 things, but mainly 1. The biggest issue I have faced for the last 3 months is my PC crashing. I've been streaming for about 2 1/2 months now, and after about 2-3 hours streaming, the game I am playing will die. It doesn't matter the game, it will die. From CS:GO to Smite to Valorant to Minecraft to Getting Over It and so on. I use OBS to stream, and the problem isn't a simple game crash, it's a PC crash. The game is the only the first sign. My OBS won't update with the Chat Logs anymore and will also die shortly after. Discord will also die relatively soon after. Following that, any browser I have open will perish, and all processes will cease to function. Reopening the apps yields nothing. The only solution is to restart the computer.

That was the only solution, until recently when I had The Binding of Issac (TBoI) windowed in the background while I was playing CS:GO. CS:GO crashed, and I knew I had to shut down my PC, but remembered I had TBoI in the background and didn't want to lose the progress. When I accessed the game and put it into full screen, both my monitors went full black for 2 seconds and turned back on with all the programs that were running fully intact. TBoI full screened cured all the "sickness" that my computer was facing, and I just had to reopen the game. This has become my most recent method of fixing my problem, but I Need a solution.

Earlier I mentioned a second problem, which is just general computer speed. I have a very beefy computer, and it makes me sad that after all the money and time I have sunk into this that it can't handle max specs on certain games and sometime lags. I think it might be tied to the first problem, but I'm not sure.

I believe the issue is with my motherboard, but I am nowhere near and expert and this is just a guess.

If anyone can provide assistance on what to do, whether I need a new part or anything, please let me know

Here is my Full PC Spec List:
CPU: Intel i9-9900K 3.6GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
Case: Phanteks Evolv X ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Asus 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX
Monitors: Dell S2417DG & Asus VX228H
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro & Apple 3.5mm
Microphone: Samson Q2U
Camera: Logitech- C922 Pro

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
First of all, this is a mighty setup and should run everything very well. I would figure on this being a software/driver issue as the problem is intermittent.

A couple of things, have you tested temps under load. It might be worth running Cinebench R20 (post your score so that we can see if it is the right place) and the max temps. And also do a run on Prime95 for at least 30 minutes and let us know what your temps reach.

Another thing is I found that Corsair iCue can be a bit finicky and cause crashes, so I removed it...

Finally it might be better to do a full re-install of Windows 10 Pro to the latest 2004 version. I would avoid all the Gigabyte APP software as it is crud!!!! I have the Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Ultra (which has been...
First of all, this is a mighty setup and should run everything very well. I would figure on this being a software/driver issue as the problem is intermittent.

A couple of things, have you tested temps under load. It might be worth running Cinebench R20 (post your score so that we can see if it is the right place) and the max temps. And also do a run on Prime95 for at least 30 minutes and let us know what your temps reach.

Another thing is I found that Corsair iCue can be a bit finicky and cause crashes, so I removed it...

Finally it might be better to do a full re-install of Windows 10 Pro to the latest 2004 version. I would avoid all the Gigabyte APP software as it is crud!!!! I have the Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Ultra (which has been great and perfect on overclocking) and I had an older Gigabyte board as well and though they are great boards the software can be suspect...So I never install any of there APP Centre and the additional software that comes with it.

Update to the latest BIOS as well....

Hopefully others can jump in as well...

This is going to be a bit wordy to give the full story/detail of what is happening

Back in January of this year, I started researching and ordering new parts for this high-end PC for my gaming/streaming needs. I got all the parts and put it all together back in March. I have since then been using the computer regularly, but I come into problems time and time again.

After fully building it and installing everything, my first error came when I tried logging into my computer, and my keyboard wasn't being registered by my pc. I had to launch it into safe mode in order to access it again, and the only solution was to fully re-install Windows. Since then I haven't had any issues with logging in.

My newest problem is 2 things, but mainly 1. The biggest issue I have faced for the last 3 months is my PC crashing. I've been streaming for about 2 1/2 months now, and after about 2-3 hours streaming, the game I am playing will die. It doesn't matter the game, it will die. From CS:GO to Smite to Valorant to Minecraft to Getting Over It and so on. I use OBS to stream, and the problem isn't a simple game crash, it's a PC crash. The game is the only the first sign. My OBS won't update with the Chat Logs anymore and will also die shortly after. Discord will also die relatively soon after. Following that, any browser I have open will perish, and all processes will cease to function. Reopening the apps yields nothing. The only solution is to restart the computer.

That was the only solution, until recently when I had The Binding of Issac (TBoI) windowed in the background while I was playing CS:GO. CS:GO crashed, and I knew I had to shut down my PC, but remembered I had TBoI in the background and didn't want to lose the progress. When I accessed the game and put it into full screen, both my monitors went full black for 2 seconds and turned back on with all the programs that were running fully intact. TBoI full screened cured all the "sickness" that my computer was facing, and I just had to reopen the game. This has become my most recent method of fixing my problem, but I Need a solution.

Earlier I mentioned a second problem, which is just general computer speed. I have a very beefy computer, and it makes me sad that after all the money and time I have sunk into this that it can't handle max specs on certain games and sometime lags. I think it might be tied to the first problem, but I'm not sure.

I believe the issue is with my motherboard, but I am nowhere near and expert and this is just a guess.

If anyone can provide assistance on what to do, whether I need a new part or anything, please let me know

Here is my Full PC Spec List:
CPU: Intel i9-9900K 3.6GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER ATX
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
Case: Phanteks Evolv X ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Asus 850W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX
Monitors: Dell S2417DG & Asus VX228H
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma