Question Why is my brand new PC rebooting after 30-40 minutes of playing CS:GO?

Sep 15, 2022
Hi,

I just assembled a new computer a few days ago but it keeps on restarting after 30 min of playing CS:GO. Can anyone please help me find and fix the problem?

Details of my PC are:

Processor -Intel i9–12900kf

Motherboard - MSI MPG Z690 Edge WiFi DDR5

GPU - MSI RTX 3070ti Ventus 3x OC

Ram - Kingston Fury Beast 16GB DDR5

SSD - WD Blue S570 1TB

Cooler - Deepcool Gammaxxx l360 AIO

PSU- Deepcool PK750D 750W

Cabinet - Ant Esports 690 air with 3 fans in front.

My CPU temperature touches 75C in 10 minutes of playing. Can that be the problem?

I can’t say I know much about your power supply but typically if a system is just shutting off like that it’s related to heat or power. The fact that it’s happening after 30 minutes suggests to me anyway that heat is building up and not being exhausted fast enough and so the cpu or motherboard may be shutting off in order to prevent damage. You say you have 3 fans in front. How is the aio mounted and do you have a rear exhaust fan?

I just assembled a new computer a few days ago but it keeps on restarting after 30 min of playing CS:GO. Can anyone please help me find and fix the problem?
GPU - MSI RTX 3070ti Ventus 3x OC
PSU- Deepcool PK750D 750W
My CPU temperature touches 75C in 10 minutes of playing. Can that be the problem?
Nvidia 3000 series cards tend to have high transient power spikes.
If PSU can't handle them, then it will shut down.

You can lower your GPU overclock, to reduce power consumption. Or get a better PSU.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2022
I can’t say I know much about your power supply but typically if a system is just shutting off like that it’s related to heat or power. The fact that it’s happening after 30 minutes suggests to me anyway that heat is building up and not being exhausted fast enough and so the cpu or motherboard may be shutting off in order to prevent damage. You say you have 3 fans in front. How is the aio mounted and do you have a rear exhaust fan?
I have aio mounted on top and I don't have any rear fan, just 3 in front

Sep 15, 2022
Nvidia 3000 series cards tend to have high transient power spikes.
If PSU can't handle them, then it will shut down.

You can lover your GPU overclock, to reduce power consumption. Or get a better PSU.
I haven't done any settings for GPU to overclock, I have PSU of 750W. I have checked on many links that 750 is sufficient for my setup. My max GPU temperature goes till 70C while gaming. Same goes for CPU. I can't figure out what can be the issue. My CS:GO seems to run for more than an hour on extremely low settings

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Wattage is not the only measure. It does have a beefy 750W 12V single rail design, but the over current protection values would be more important. 3070Ti can draw as much as double its wattage for 100ms at a time. Most older designs did not have this in mind, so they might shut down at say 1000W for 50ms. Coupled with a CPU capable of drawing over 200W, just a little underrated. Which is why it works most of the time.

Better PSU would be my vote as well. Didn't even know Deepcool made PSUs so can't vouch for the quality.

You need something like a Corsair RM850x, EVGA P2 G2 or G6 P6 model 750W and up, Superflower Leadex III 750W or 850W.

Sep 15, 2022
MSI RTX 3070ti Ventus 3x OC - is factory overclocked.

750W power rating doesn't guarantee the PSU can handle transient power spikes, created by your graphics card.
Oh! Just to clarify, can I do anything to stop my restarting problem with this hardware or changing my PSU is the only optimal solution?
If you need any other information, I can provide that.

What are steps to reduce power limit in afterburner?
Install MSI afterburner first.
Then find power limit slider and adjust it.
Then press "Apply".

https://www.msi.com/Landing/afterburner/graphics-cards

msi-afterburner-interface-large.png