Question Why is my c drive full when i turn on my pc?

Dec 30, 2018
So recently I have been experiencing incredibly slow boot times on my pc (windows 10). I have a 240gb ssd. It works great! But for some reason, whenever I turn on my pc, I go to check the storage on it and its nearly full when there should be at least 20gb left. Then after a while (5 mins) the storage returns to the 20gb it should originally be at., I have disabled superfetch and sedlauncher or whatever yet it still continues. Can anybody help? Thanks for your time in advance.

Pc Specs:
Intel Core i7 7700
Gtx 1060 (3gb model)
32gb of ram (2400mhz)
240gb sandisk ssd
1tb hdd
3tb hdd

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018
You have 2 HDDs. Why don't you clean up your SSD and move some stuff to HDDs ?
(like user pics,videos,music, maybe also some installed games can be moved away)
thank you for the advice but the issue is not the space. Its when I turn on the pc, the storage on my c drive goes down super low like from 20gb to 250mb or 1gb. This noticably slows down my boot time.

I don't have a windows old file on my c drive however this problem has been occuring shortly after one

So you did a Windows setup again on the drive without first wiping it? You can have a lot of other extra files on there.

Check the size of your hibernate and swap file on the disk (you will need to enable hidden and system files view to do that). I would disable hibernate on the system, reboot, and delete the file for it if it's still there.

You may want to think about doing a full clean Windows setup also after deleting all partitions off that SSD.

Reactions: samhawksley5