[SOLVED] Why is my chrome so laggy

Apr 27, 2019
Hello, it's been about a week since my chrome has been acting weird, chrome was always very fast for me and i've enjoyed it, but recently it became really slow, especially when I'm loading things like youtube videos or just big pages in general, but this never happened before.

Another example is right now i'm typing on chrome, the letter show up a lot later than I type, sometimes words show up all together.

Finally the most annoying part of it all is that when I switch tabs, it takes a long time, and many other animations like scrolling or switching tabs or dragging the window around is all laggy as well.

Video of example:https://giphy.com/gifs/RgoGczoHbTkNYi1Nhs/html5

It doesn't appear to affect any other programs so I think it shouldn't be the system or the computer's problem, but I could be wrong.

I've updated my gpu driver and I'm also up to date with Windows.

Please and thank you for the help!

Solution
In my experience with that type of lag it is often related to either a misbehaving extension that you use or something is up with the hardware acceleration. Try to re install your GPU drivers and see if that helps.

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
In my experience with that type of lag it is often related to either a misbehaving extension that you use or something is up with the hardware acceleration. Try to re install your GPU drivers and see if that helps.

Reactions: cookiezh09
Solution