[SOLVED] Why is my computer acting up after disabling intel HD graphics?

Sep 22, 2019
Im on a Dell G3 gaming laptop with an 8th gen i5 8300H, and an Nvidia geforce gtx 1050. I disabled my integrated graphics in the hopes of improving performance because it looked like my computer was primarily using that (intel HD graphics) instead of my 1050 for graphics processing. After disabling the integrated graphics my aspect ratio was messed up (I got that fixed) and now I'm getting frame drops just sitting in the menu of rocket league (which isn't a super resource intensive game anyways). Please help, I'm kind of out of my element here. Any advice is appreciated.

Solution
D
Because laptops require both of those to be enabled they actually use both under different circumstances. Reenable it and problems will go away
D

Deleted member 14196

Because laptops require both of those to be enabled they actually use both under different circumstances. Reenable it and problems will go away

Solution
Sep 15, 2019
Your laptop is utilizes the Intel CPU when its idle so that i can save some power and the battery. The Intel HD graphics is the primary graphics card for your laptop. It only switches to Nvidia 1050 when only the power and the scenario comes. The nvidia drivers automatically switches the graphics from Intel HD to 1050 as the work load demands it or the application is configured to use the dedicated GPU. So disabling the intel hd graphics is not a good idea matter the fact.

Sep 22, 2019
Thank you! I had no idea that this was the case. I re-enabled it last night after i posted this since I didn't want to deal with the bugs while I was waiting for a response.