Question Why is my computer lagging randomly with wired connection?

Jun 25, 2020
Hey, so i've been having a problem where I randomly lag out with a wired connection. Ever since I purchased my computer from IBuyPower, i've been having connection issues. At first, I thought it was my Wi-fi adapter, so i switched to wired connection. Still this did not solve the problem. Then, I thought maybe it is because I have 2 monitors with different refresh rates, 60hz and 240hz, but when I play on just the 240hz monitor alone, it still randomly lags out. When I run an internet speed test, I get around 60-70 mbps. My specs that I know are 8GB Ram, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core processor 3.79 Ghz. I know my specs are not the best, but I should be able to play Valorant, League of Legends, or Counter-strike with this set-up, however I cannot. Maybe my PC is not strong enough to run a 240hz monitor smoothly? If so i'm willing to buy an upgrade. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I would disconnect modem and disconnect router for 5 minutes. Then connect the router and connect the modem. Maybe it flipped out for some reason with the new network card from your new PC and what not.

Jun 25, 2020
Just tried this, still having random 5 second lag spikes, especially while gaming. I'll be in the middle of a fight and then randomly ill DC for 5 seconds, reconnect and within that time i'm already dead. Insanely frustrating, i'm willing to pay for an upgrade if needed but I don't even know where to begin or what the problem is.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Just tried this, still having random 5 second lag spikes, especially while gaming. I'll be in the middle of a fight and then randomly ill DC for 5 seconds, reconnect and within that time i'm already dead. Insanely frustrating, i'm willing to pay for an upgrade if needed but I don't even know where to begin or what the problem is.

Perhaps you can get updated network card drivers as Im sure the vendor did not put in the latest ones. Find out the name of the network card and see if you can go grab some newer drivers.

Also you can uninstall the drivers then reinstall the latest ones you find, and if you can't find it then just do the uninstall and reinstall drivers.

Jun 25, 2020
My Network Card is "Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)". I'm not exactly sure where I can go to update this. Any idea how I can get a newer version of this?