Why is my computer so slow these days

Jun 16, 2018
Hi there
So I've had my computer for a year now and it's really starting to slow down. Just yesterday it took almost 10 minutes for it to boot up and other normal days it would be 5 minutes. When it finally boots me to the desktop screen, it still takes so long to load all my apps and icons in the tray. At this point, I have to wait another minute because it won't let me do anything(clicking the start button won't even do anything). Sometimes when I use it, it slows down and my mouse moves at like 1fps. I have an intel i3 core 5005u cpu, 1tb seagate HDD at 5400rpm and 4gb ddr3 ram. When I run task manager, disk will almost always be on 100% even when I'm not doing serious tasks like web browsing. I still have 890gb free on my Hdd. Do you think there's something wrong with my computer and should I got to a computer store to check it out? Should upgrade some components maybe and if so which ones? *sigh*What could be the problem?
Thanks

Terpinator

Reputable
Apr 12, 2017
You could try to turn turn off some startup programs to help with boot time. Check to see if the drive is fragmented and if so defrag it. chksdk can see if there are any issues with the drive. Could also run a full scan to make sure you don't have any malware slowing the computer down.