[SOLVED] Why is my computer so slow?

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
So, I finally got my 2200g system built and I loaded up roblox and it was laggy as hell compared to my old system which consisted of an i3 2120 and intel hd 2000, does anyone know why this could be happening?

Solution
Update the BIOS, make sure you have the latest drivers for motherboard and the graphics card.

Edit: Don't post duplicate threads please, it doesn't do anything to solve your problem faster and you gain a negative first image with people on the forum.

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
I just built my first gaming PC and it's running extremely slowly, like slower than an optiplex, does anyone know why this is happening? Just to give you an idea of how slow, it can't run roblox over 20 fps on the lowest settings

Specs:
Ryzen 3 2200g
MSI B350M Gaming Pro
1tb HDD
Corsair CX550
Ballistix Sport LT 8GB Single DDR4 3200
Vega 8

Update the BIOS, make sure you have the latest drivers for motherboard and the graphics card.

Edit: Don't post duplicate threads please, it doesn't do anything to solve your problem faster and you gain a negative first image with people on the forum.

Reactions: Peiguy
Solution

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019

Sorry about that it's just I was extremely worried I did something wrong during the build process and no one responded to my first thread, thank you and I won't do it again

Did you do a fresh install of Windows or use an existing hard-drive? If it was from another computer a fresh install of windows is where you should start

What is slow? Can you give some benchmarks in games or apps where you notice slowness? You do only have a 2200G so you need to make sure you expectations are for that CPU/iGPU combo.

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Did you do a fresh install of Windows or use an existing hard-drive? If it was from another computer a fresh install of windows is where you should start

What is slow? Can you give some benchmarks in games or apps where you notice slowness? You do only have a 2200G so you need to make sure you expectations are for that CPU/iGPU combo.
I expect it to be slow but not being able to run Roblox over 10 fps on the lowest setting something for sure is wrong, I bought an HDD of eBay and the seller said it had "0" hours but it turns out it has been on for 910 days, the HDD had nothing on it and I installed Windows 10 64 and used it on a different computer and it worked fine.

Comparatively it depends on what specs the Optiplex had.

Have you updated Windows and installed all drivers? Chipset, graphics, etc. Those will be the starting point. You could use a hardware monitor like Hardware Monitor to check if everything is running at stock clocks. Next would be to use an ingame monitor like MSI Afterburner to see if components are functioning during games.

Hazzahead

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
I expect it to be slow but not being able to run Roblox over 10 fps on the lowest setting something for sure is wrong, I bought an HDD of eBay and the seller said it had "0" hours but it turns out it has been on for 910 days, the HDD had nothing on it and I installed Windows 10 64 and used it on a different computer and it worked fine.
Sounds like a dodgy HDD to me. Get an SSD, they are much better.

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Comparatively it depends on what specs the Optiplex had.

Have you updated Windows and installed all drivers? Chipset, graphics, etc. Those will be the starting point. You could use a hardware monitor like Hardware Monitor to check if everything is running at stock clocks. Next would be to use an ingame monitor like MSI Afterburner to see if components are functioning during games.
nah it works now. I had to do a driver update. thank you though!