[SOLVED] Why is my computer suddenly making so much noise?

Aug 14, 2019
Usually my computer is silent, but ever since last week, one of my computer's fans, specifically this little red fan, has been making a ton of noise.
I bought some canned air to clean out the whole system, but it didn't change the noise.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wFqLbRx7oo

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm hoping there's a fix that doesn't involve me paying a lot of money!

Ralston18

Titan
So the fan was making noise before you cleaned the fan?

And the noise is the same or worse?

When you used the canned air to clean the fan did you hold the GPU cooler fan blade still?

If you blasted the fan with canned air and let the fan spin you may have damaged the fan/fan bearings.

Doublecheck that the GPU itself is fully and firmly in place. Relocate any nearby cables.

Take a very close look at the fan blades using a flashlight and magnifying glass.

Check that none of the blades is touching or coming in contact with the housing. Manually turn the fan to determine if there is any contact or "wobble" on the axel.

Look for nicks or scratches on the blade(s).

Ensure there is not some bit of debris on blade or housing that is coming in contact with its counterpart.

And I see what appears to be another unsecured fan at the bottom of the video. Noise may be some resonance between fans.

TRENDING THREADS