Why Is My CPU averaging higher Temperatures than ever before?

Nitesdeath

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I have an FX 6300 at stock speed.

Motherboard:M5A97 LE R2.0

GPU: GTX 650 (if that matters)

My point is I have had this CPU since January. I don't why but now I'm hitting 60 C and even 61 C while playing World of Warcraft and watching a 720P livestream. This is the only things I run on my PC. The ONLY! Before I used to top at 55 C while doing this. As time has passed that "top" degrees that I hit has increased slowly over the months.

NOTHING has changed. I keep the same household temperature since January, same PC components since January, same speeds on my CPU, GPU, RAM, everything. NOTHING has changed.

Why is my "top" degrees temperature that I hit slowly increasing? Any ideas? Please help! It worries me!

Nitesdeath

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

What do you mean? The temperature in my house still remains the same it always has been however. The outside shouldn't matter. Or am I wrong? If so does that mean I can expect the "top" degrees that I hit to get lower in winter? I'm confused, it shouldn't matter if in my house it remains the same.

Nitesdeath

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

What do you mean? The temperature in my house still remains the same it always has been however. The outside shouldn't matter. Or am I wrong? If so does that mean I can expect the "top" degrees that I hit to get lower in winter? I'm confused, it shouldn't matter if in my house it remains the same.

Nitesdeath

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

I ordered a Hyper 212 Evo, it actually got here a few days ago. It came with it's own tube of "Cooler Master" Thermal paste. Should I put alcohol on the CPU while it's in the socket to remove the old thermal paste or should I take out the CPU first from it's socket and then remove it?

Also, it's been only 5 months. Is this normal to happen or is the stock thermal paste that it brought really that cheap?

Last thing, sorry for being really dumb :( Is the Cooler Master Thermal paste that the 212 Evo brought any good?

Nitesdeath

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

Thanks for the advice. What do you think about the Cooler Master thermal paste. Any good?

When changing coolers or TIM I leave the CPU in the socket and clean first with a dry paper towel, then one with some alcohol, then I go over it good with a q-tip with alcohol, then a dry q-tip. The stock Cooler Master thermal grease is great because it spreads very easy. There are more exotic compounds, but I wouldn't waste your time.

Nitesdeath

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Last thing, can I expect this thermal paste to last a long time (2+ years)? The stock one apparently only lasted 5 months which is horrible. So according to you guys that is most likely the problem of why my temperatures have been going slowly up over the last couple months.

Stock paste is fairly, well bad, for most coolers.
Coolermaster has some good paste though.

I would say 2+ is a stretch, the tube itself will last that long, but most users would recommend replacing the paste every 6 months. (I personally dont think its a necessity, but I have been just from working on this PC)

Nitesdeath

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

I would but my mobo cant handle that. It has no VRM heatsinks so im buying a pack of enzotech mos c-1 to keep vrm temps under control. 4.2 is what im gonna OC at and i think this is the resting place for my mobo. Dont wanna risk burning it.