Question Why is my cpu going over 90 idle?

Nov 16, 2019
Hi

I have an A10-8750 cpu and have noticed that when i am playing some games eg overwatch that it say that the graphics card has been lost but i am sure it is not the case. I have not checked my cpu temp for a long time but today when i checked i noticed that it was going over 90 just on idle. I don't think that this is normal and am not sure how to fix this. If anyone has any solutions that would be nice

Hi

I have an A10-8750 cpu and have noticed that when i am playing some games eg overwatch that it say that the graphics card has been lost but i am sure it is not the case. I have not checked my cpu temp for a long time but today when i checked i noticed that it was going over 90 just on idle. I don't think that this is normal and am not sure how to fix this. If anyone has any solutions that would be nice
Clean and reapply paste and see what happens.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's best to use AMD Overdrive with that cpu. Other programs don't read temps correctly, save for one other.
If the cpu actually were idling at 90C(-20 thermal margin), the PC should be shutting off on you... and if for some reason that feature failed, the cpu would then melt.

Nov 16, 2019
It's best to use AMD Overdrive with that cpu. Other programs don't read temps correctly, save for one other.
If the cpu actually were idling at 90C(-20 thermal margin), the PC should be shutting off on you... and if for some reason that feature failed, the cpu would then melt.
Ok I will download AMD Overdrive and tell you the results

Nov 16, 2019
Ok so i have downloaded AMD Overdrive but as far as I can tell there is no "cpu temp" but there is a CPU thermal margin if I'm not mistaken is how much more degrees the cpu can go before shutting off and that number is around 20-30 which you said would be making my computer shut off.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok so i have downloaded AMD Overdrive but as far as I can tell there is no "cpu temp" but there is a CPU thermal margin if I'm not mistaken is how much more degrees the cpu can go before shutting off and that number is around 20-30 which you said would be making my computer shut off.
You are good on temps then. If the TM were under 10C, there would definitely be a cooling problem present.

It seems there was a misunderstanding.
Earlier, I was saying IF you were running Overdrive and it were to actually display 90C... the Thermal Margin for the A10-7850 is only 72C = 0.
So a 90C read out on Overdrive would appear as MINUS 20.

Nov 16, 2019
Wow! Thanks for clarifying but 20-30 on idle is normal but that was idle I jumped onto a game of Overwatch and checked my Thermal Margin and it was below 10