why is my cpu overheating

Feb 15, 2018
ok so about an hour ago i decided to clean the radiator of my AIO CPU liquid cooler. it was full of dust and i didnt have any can of compressed air so i used a damp paper towel that i ran under the kitchen sink faucet the rang dry to get most of the water out. i put everything back together and when i booted up the pc my xeon w3690 was close to 100 degrees Celsius. so i shut it off waiting say 5 mins turned it back on temps were down to 94c, so i shut it off till i could buy some compressed air tomorrow.

any ideas whats going on?

only think i can think of is that water got on the fins and thats prolly interfering with the rads ability to cool the hot water could be wrong tho

below is a pic of my AIO its an hp branded AIO for my Z400 desktop never had this issue before

http://www.datacenterdynamics.com/pi...orkstation.jpg

whats causing my temps to be so high?
lastly will blowing the AIO with a can of compressed air fix the issue?

edit recently replaced the thermal paste about 2 months ago with arctic cooling MX-2 so i doubt the tim needs to be replaced

temps before i messed with cleaning the AIO were in the high 40's at idle

Solution
You probably just baked the dust in the radiator as most of it is between the cells. Shine some light thru it. If you took fans off, did you replace them the right way, also what about pump, is it working full speed ?
If you took pump off, did you replace paste ? It should be always replaced even if it looks good, a speck of dust and it's ruined.
You probably just baked the dust in the radiator as most of it is between the cells. Shine some light thru it. If you took fans off, did you replace them the right way, also what about pump, is it working full speed ?
If you took pump off, did you replace paste ? It should be always replaced even if it looks good, a speck of dust and it's ruined.

Solution