[SOLVED] Why is my CPU performing this bad?

Apr 5, 2020
Hi! I've been having some problems with my CPU for a while.

It is performing lower than the average "CPU Mark score"
This gets more intresting since i have OCd mine to 4.40GHz from 3.50GHz

I have a better CPU fan so thermal throttling is not the issue.
Thanks for any help I can get as to why my CPU performs so bad

Current setup:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-A
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k @ 3.50GHz (Overclocked to 4.40GHz)
CPU fan: Cooler MasterHyper 212
GPU: 2x Geforce GTX 970 (SLI)
RAM: 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 + 2x2GB 1333MHz DDR3
Power Unit: rs-700-acab-b1

https://prnt.sc/ru4c2l
gCvW2hnoTSygNoZZKv7o0A.png

Solution
Monitor your CPU frequency while benchmarking to see if it's downclocking. You can do this with HWiNFO64 (just do sensors only and log to file).
Just because your temps are okay doesn't mean that your piece of silicon can do 4.4GHz at whatever voltage you're feeding it. Temps are only ONE PART of the equation.
Monitor your CPU frequency while benchmarking to see if it's downclocking. You can do this with HWiNFO64 (just do sensors only and log to file).
Just because your temps are okay doesn't mean that your piece of silicon can do 4.4GHz at whatever voltage you're feeding it. Temps are only ONE PART of the equation.

Last edited:
Solution
Apr 5, 2020

Not sure exactly what you meant but the core clock stayed the same all throughout the benchmark
rXjsiSfaRDijWlrcnjOecQ.png