Why is my cpu running half speed

iamblakexd

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
I have a ryzen 3 1200 3.1ghz and its running at a constant 1.36ghz. I have msi click bios 5, never really explored it, does anyone know how to solve my problem?

AniChatt

Distinguished

Which windows version r u using? Is it Windows FCU? to check it type windows+R > Type winver > enter > check the version. If it is 1709 then it has some issues with ryzen clock speed.
Download amd chipset driver from amd website and install it and select ryzen balanced power plan. Then stress the cpu and check speed.
Have you overclocked this cpu

iamblakexd

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017

Yes i am on that version and i just selected the balanced power plan, and still the exact same 1.36ghz

AniChatt

Distinguished

1. This is another problem. have you installed AMD chipset driver from amd website?
2. Install this driver then you will get a ryzen balanced power plan under windows power plan. Activate this power plan not windows power plan. It will look like this "AMD Ryzen Balanced" somewhat similar.
3. Check if you are getting same issue or not.
4. Update windows unless it is showing no new update. If still it is there then install CPUZ and confirm you cpu clock under load. Task manager reports wrong cpu clock in ryzen (windows 1709).
Lastly:
If still you are getting same issue then pls confirm if your Windows is 1709.
Then go to Reg editor> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\AmdPPM then set the 'Start' value to '4' then reboot. Check if it is solved or not. However pls do a backup copy of the registry before doing anything. If you don't know how then google it first.

iamblakexd

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017

I did the task listed and still nothing
Here are my specs
mobo- Tomahawk b350 motherbcard
cpu- ryzen 3 1200
gpu- Asus gerfore gtx 1050 ti dual 0ti-O4G oc edition
psu- 500w evga white
drive- 1tb western bluedigital

AniChatt

Distinguished

Hmm really strange.
1. What was your default AMDppm value?
2. Try to overclock the cpu (just to check say 38x) and check what clock is showing?
3. Does cpuz clock and task manager clock is matching?
4. What is your AMD Ryzen balanced power plan lowest cpu %?

Aug 1, 2018
i have this exactly same problem. my regedit value is 3 , then i changed to 4, but after changing, my device manager show that cpu driver got replaced with alternative. and the task manager show that correct cpu speed (not 1.36ghz anymore)

but when i try to play games, my msi afterburner osd show that my cpu clock is 1.55ghz only