Question Why is my cpu running so hot?

deandrapeoples

Commendable
Sep 10, 2017
I just bought a noctua nh-d15 after my h100i v2 broke. The temps are 30C idle but reach 90C while gaming. I have tried repasting twice and changing the fan curve in the bios but nothing has fixed the problem. What else should i do to fix it?

All reviews i found of the noctua says its better than some aio coolers so why am i not getting good performance with it?

Specs
Bequiet! Case
3 pushing and 3 pulling case fans
1080 ti evga
Asus z170 deluxe MB
EVGA 80 gold psu

throwawayaccnt

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
I just bought a noctua nh-d15 after my h100i v2 broke. The temps are 30C idle but reach 90C while gaming. I have tried repasting twice and changing the fan curve in the bios but nothing has fixed the problem. What else should i do to fix it?

All reviews i found of the noctua says its better than some aio coolers so why am i not getting good performance with it?

Specs
Bequiet! Case
3 pushing and 3 pulling case fans
1080 ti evga
Asus z170 deluxe MB
EVGA 80 gold psu
Your specs are incomplete

CPU? PSU model (more detail than brand & 80+ cert.)?

also regarding your fan setup, are your only casefans 6 total fans for push-pull intake? If that's the case you have no exhaust which is torching your internals. Good airflow isn't about what you're bringing in, it's the overall movement of the air. It does you no good to suck ambient air into a chassis that has no place to vent the heat from the components

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS