Question Why is my cpu slow

Aug 9, 2019
About 2 days ago everything was going well, I was playing gta at about 70 fps and everything was running perfectly. Now Browsing the web and even playing minecraft is super slow and my cinebench scores are horrible, in the low 300's. Im pretty sure its my cpu because while playing Rainbow Six Siege I get 100 fps, but the menus are super slow. Sorry if i seem like an idiot, im pretty new to computers.

my specs are
Cpu: Ryzen 5 1500x
Gpu: Gtx 1060 6gb
Ram: 16gb 2400mhz
Motherboard: MSI B350M BAZOOKA
i have all stock coolers, but i checked and my cpu only gets up to about 50C
Windows 10

With minecraft open My cpu usage is about 30%
while running cinebench its 39%
with nothing open besides task manager its about 3%

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Windows includes two tools that will help narrow down the problem.

Task Manager and Resource Monitor.

Open one or the other to just explore the available tabs and the information presented therein.

Then do the same the other tool.

What you are looking for is some app, process, or service that is consuming most, if not all, of some resource: e.g., CPU.

To open the tool just start typing the tool name into the "Type here to search" box. Select and click when the tool appears in blue as "best match".

Reactions: AjSimple
Aug 9, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Windows includes two tools that will help narrow down the problem.

Task Manager and Resource Monitor.

Open one or the other to just explore the available tabs and the information presented therein.

Then do the same the other tool.

What you are looking for is some app, process, or service that is consuming most, if not all, of some resource: e.g., CPU.

To open the tool just start typing the tool name into the "Type here to search" box. Select and click when the tool appears in blue as "best match".
okay Ill try that

Aug 9, 2019
Hey guys sorry for not responding. My computer didnt turn on so I bought a jumper cap and reset my cmos and it fixed it. everything is working better, andmy cinebench score is 800