Question Why is my cpu so hot

Mar 11, 2019
While only having spotify, cam, and battlenet just open to download a game my cpu is averaging 50c even at idle its at 37c
Specs:
kraken 52x
16gb Trident Z
Asus Prime mobo
evga 2070
evga 750 psu

CompuTronix

Intel Master
Guys,

26°C is completely plausible.

For any comparisons to be meaning and valid, apples must be compared only to apples. This means that certain conditions must apply equally among all platforms.

The key to analyzing thermal performance is to reduce the variables to the lowest common denominators so that results will be consistent and repeatable.

The three most important considerations that most users don't mention in these types of Threads are:

Ambient (room) temperature.
How users interpret the meaning of IDLE.
How users interpret the meaning of "load" or "full load".

Core temperatures vary with ambient temperature. The "standard" for normal ambient room temperature is 22°C or 72°F. This is the internationally accepted room temperature which is most comfortable for the vast majority of people, summer or winter.

The definition of "idle" means minimal activity; NOT a light workload, or dozens of useless startups, processes, services and tray trash running in the background; "idle" means dead idle.

IF "idle" is really idle, then Windows Task Manager should show only 1 or 2% CPU Utilization with all power saving features enabled in BIOS, and Windows Power Options set to Balanced, which are all stock, default settings. This means the CPU Cores are dissipating just a few Watts of Power at idle.

Under these conditions in a well ventilated case with good CPU air or liquid cooling, average Core temperatures can be as low as 3°C above ambient. So if ambient room temperature is "normal" at 22°C, average Core temperatures at "idle" can be just 25°C.

The definition of "load" or "full load" is a steady-state 100% TDP workload that yields steady Core temperatures that don't fluctuate.

Just click on the link in my signature to learn how to properly test your idle and load Core temperatures.

CT 😎