Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomfrit

Great
BANNED
Oct 18, 2019
Everything else seems fine temperature wise, but my cpu is super hot while doing NOTHING... i have 6 fans in my case : 2 in front,graphics fan, psu fan ,one in the back and the cpu fan....i bought this pc from someone i dont know and he said that he changed the thermal paste recently... what can i do for better, atleast normal temperatures?
cpu temp: 62-65
motherboard:28celsius
graphics:40cel
storage : 33 and 30 celsius

i5 4570
4096MB ATI Radeon RX 570

if its overclocked i have no idea how to check.

Solution
Maybe he didn't re-seat the heat sink and fan properly when he 'changed the thermal paste'. Or maybe he used too much or too little thermal paste. Or maybe the thermal paste he used is crap. Or possibly he didn't connect the fan on the heat sink to the motherboard.

I would remove the CPU heat sink and fan, clean off the existing thermal paste from the CPU and heat sink, reapply some good thermal paste in the correct proportions, and put the heat sink and fan back on.
Maybe he didn't re-seat the heat sink and fan properly when he 'changed the thermal paste'. Or maybe he used too much or too little thermal paste. Or maybe the thermal paste he used is crap. Or possibly he didn't connect the fan on the heat sink to the motherboard.

I would remove the CPU heat sink and fan, clean off the existing thermal paste from the CPU and heat sink, reapply some good thermal paste in the correct proportions, and put the heat sink and fan back on.

Reactions: Pomfrit
Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Can't be overclocked.

Is the CPU fan properly installed, could have come loose when the system was moved? If it hasn't been taken off, cleaned and, re-pasted in a while, probably worth doing.

What does CPU usage at idle look like, could just have some malware/adware running on the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.