[SOLVED] Why is my cpu so hot?

Jul 10, 2020
I have new cpu ryzen 3 3300x 65W. It was running very hot on stock cooler so i bought good mid tower cooler. It doesn't solve a problem. I'm running around 80 C° when its full load. That's the same temperature which i was running with stock cooler. Because my new cooler didn't get warm i reapplied new thermal paste. Results are same. What should i do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Did you take off the thin plastic 'sheet' that was covering the bottom of the cooler?

Temps are dependent on the coolers ability to access cool air and vent the hot air out.
Whats your cooling setup and whats the PC's environment?
- for example I've had people who put there PC's inside a closed desk cabinet and wonder why it overheats. No cool air gets in and no hot air gets out...

popatim

Titan
Did you take off the thin plastic 'sheet' that was covering the bottom of the cooler?

Temps are dependent on the coolers ability to access cool air and vent the hot air out.
Whats your cooling setup and whats the PC's environment?
- for example I've had people who put there PC's inside a closed desk cabinet and wonder why it overheats. No cool air gets in and no hot air gets out...

Solution