[SOLVED] Why is my CPU so loud when i render my videos?

Apr 12, 2021
When i was rendering a short video my CPU fan got super loud all of a sudden, it was so loud i thought a plane had flew by my house. Anyways, if anyone could just give me an idea of what is happening that'd be great, no plan to upgrade parts since i just bought this machine very recently

Specs: RTX 3070 founders edition 8gb

CPU: Intel i7 10700k CPU 3.8 ghz

RAM: 32 gbs

motherboard: HP 8703

this is a prebuilt gaming PC by HP Called the Omen 30L

Solution
The 10700K is an 8-core, 16-thread processor with rather high power draw and heat output when all of those cores are loaded. When performing heavily-multithreaded workloads like video rendering that can fully utilize all cores, the processor may be pumping out a couple hundreds watts of heat.

I believe that system only has a single-fan, 120mm AIO cooler for the CPU, and once its water temperature rises, that fan will likely have to run at full speed to keep the processor's temperature in line.
The 10700K is an 8-core, 16-thread processor with rather high power draw and heat output when all of those cores are loaded. When performing heavily-multithreaded workloads like video rendering that can fully utilize all cores, the processor may be pumping out a couple hundreds watts of heat.

I believe that system only has a single-fan, 120mm AIO cooler for the CPU, and once its water temperature rises, that fan will likely have to run at full speed to keep the processor's temperature in line.

Solution