[SOLVED] Why is my CPU usage 100%

Apr 23, 2022
I was getting low FPS from games and I was trying every boost performance method that I can find. When I found out about changing cores I changed it from the orginal one to six. After I began gaming and found out that it did worst to my computer and it became slower so I switched back to one. But then I restarted my computer and everything became slower than ever. Any help would be appreciated

Specs:
RTX 3060
32gb RAM
B560 MSI motherboard
I7-10700k

Solution
Uncheck the box next to number of processors then reboot. This box is unchecked by default ( all cores / threads activated without this box actually checked), and only used for troubleshooting.

Unchecking then reboot should return cpu back to normal.

Check temps next and scan for malware. Im assuming for now your original troubles is either temperature related ( cpu throttling) or infection with virus or something. Possibly driver related if you use driver booster or similar, those programs are bad.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Were you changing number of processors in msconfig?

Uncheck that option if you were and reboot. Confirm all 16 threads are enabled in task manager.

Then run Core Temp and monitor temperature and running speed while doing something thatll push clocks up.

Apr 23, 2022
I was changing the number of processors in system config, dont know if it’s the same thing
I tried changing it back but then it only had an option for one core. I tried uninstalling the cores and reboot but its still the same

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Uncheck the box next to number of processors then reboot. This box is unchecked by default ( all cores / threads activated without this box actually checked), and only used for troubleshooting.

Unchecking then reboot should return cpu back to normal.

Check temps next and scan for malware. Im assuming for now your original troubles is either temperature related ( cpu throttling) or infection with virus or something. Possibly driver related if you use driver booster or similar, those programs are bad.

Solution