Question why is my cpu using 100%

Jul 20, 2019
Hey guys , so i just woke and turn on my PC and it felt much slower than before so i checked my task manager and found out that my cpu is using 100% of it's capacity but i also saw that only 1 core is showing . I never changed or touched any setting nor had that problem before . Everything now feels slow i can't play games or do anything . I tried a lot of diferrent fixes that i read of orums or youtube but none of them worked .
CPU : I5 6400
MB : asus Z270 a pro
GPU : msi rx 580
psu : EVGA 1000 80+ gold
RAM : corsair 8GB 2666hz

screenshot : View: https://imgur.com/I4iKOTY

Thank you for helping !

Last edited:

yaxy123

Reputable
Aug 3, 2017
Look if you can find somewhere in bios that tell you how many cores work as that might lead you to know if it is software/windows or hardware.

Has the PC been through any extraordinary forces like a push or vibration, maybe you have a younger person in your family that might have hit it? If that is the case or you've tried everything it might be quite a hassle but since none of the fixes works, it could be a bent pin and to check you need to remove the CPU from the motherboard and look at the pins to see if there's a bent pin or something like that. If there's a bent pin, sadly, you either need to do a risky repair and get a new CPU if you fail or get a new CPU. Additionally, if you have a warranty you might be able to use that but they might deny you since you don't just get a bent pin through normal usage.

WARNING! if you are unfamiliar with pc components let someone more familiar do it and/or do it expecting to break the CPU. Depending on the cooler you might need to put on new thermal paste.

Reactions: Diabloskillz

yaxy123

Reputable
Aug 3, 2017
Look if you can find somewhere in bios that tell you how many cores work as that might lead you to know if it is software/windows or hardware.

Has the PC been through any extraordinary forces like a push or vibration, maybe you have a younger person in your family that might have hit it? If that is the case or you've tried everything it might be quite a hassle but since none of the fixes works, it could be a bent pin and to check you need to remove the CPU from the motherboard and look at the pins to see if there's a bent pin or something like that. If there's a bent pin, sadly, you either need to do a risky repair and get a new CPU if you fail or get a new CPU. Additionally, if you have a warranty you might be able to use that but they might deny you since you don't just get a bent pin through normal usage.

WARNING! if you are unfamiliar with pc components let someone more familiar do it and/or do it expecting to break the CPU. Depending on the cooler you might need to put on new thermal paste.
My bad not cpu I believe the pins are on the motherboard on lga 1511 so if there's a bent pin do as said but with motherboard, also check if cpu looks weird might be something there as well.

TRENDING THREADS