[SOLVED] Why is my CPU Voltage so high?

May 27, 2020
Im using a i7-6700k with an ASUS Maximus VIII mobo and im using a corsair H100i v2 as a cooler and i recently overclocked and in my bios it says my cpu voltage is at 1.232v and then on the ASUS ROG motherboard software (Dual Intelligent Processors 5) and CPU-Z it says that its at 1.488v - 1.504v so which one is it? I only overclocked my cpu to 4.6ghz when ive seen that it can go up to 4.7 without any problem plus I have water cooling. This is my first overclock and im really new so im worried that i might've messed something up so if someone could help that'd be great thanks.

Solution
Im using a i7-6700k with an ASUS Maximus VIII mobo and im using a corsair H100i v2 as a cooler and i recently overclocked and in my bios it says my cpu voltage is at 1.232v and then on the ASUS ROG motherboard software (Dual Intelligent Processors 5) and CPU-Z it says that its at 1.488v - 1.504v so which one is it? I only overclocked my cpu to 4.6ghz when ive seen that it can go up to 4.7 without any problem plus I have water cooling. This is my first overclock and im really new so im worried that i might've messed something up so if someone could help that'd be great thanks.
If you leave voltage on auto BIOS will tend to push it too high, since you are already oveclocking manually, sat voltage manually too. Se how low it can...
If you leave voltage on auto BIOS will tend to push it too high, since you are already oveclocking manually, sat voltage manually too. Se how low it can go, every CPU is different.

Solution