[SOLVED] why is my desktop not able to get online now?

Feb 9, 2020
I purchased a computer from a guy and it had no wifi so he put something in it that has two antennae looking things in the back. forgive me, I am not computer knowledgeable at all. Anyway, it was working fine, surfing, googling and all for about a week. I connect thru my hotspot. Now it wont detect my hotspot{does recognize the phone though} and says no ethernet cable is plugged in when I troubleshoot.. I think the driver needs to be reinstalled because in the list of things in the computer there is a warning sign next to the driver for the network and whatever is right under it.. I'm upstairs on another computer but I need to know how to put the driver onto a usb drive then install it onto the other computer. unless I'm totally off. I really have no clue. I cant afford to buy anything but it appears the problem is the network adapter or driver for making the internet work.. Please help! This computer is not mine and I need the one I bought to study for a real estate exam. I simply don't know where to get the driver or how to save it to the usb flash or put it on my desktop. I have to apologize! Thank you in advance for your time.

Solution
he put something in it that has two antennae looking things in the back.
That is called wifi adapter. What type adapter is it? USB connected? PCIE connected? Can you show photo of it?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)
I think the driver needs to be reinstalled because in the list of things in the computer there is a warning sign next to the driver for the network and whatever is right under it.
Can you show photo of that?
I simply don't know where to get the driver or how to save it to the usb flash or put it on my desktop.
First you have to determine model of wifi adapter. Then go to support page of wifi adapter manufacturer,
download the driver,
copy to usb flash drive and then
install it on target pc.

If...
he put something in it that has two antennae looking things in the back.
That is called wifi adapter. What type adapter is it? USB connected? PCIE connected? Can you show photo of it?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)
I think the driver needs to be reinstalled because in the list of things in the computer there is a warning sign next to the driver for the network and whatever is right under it.
Can you show photo of that?
I simply don't know where to get the driver or how to save it to the usb flash or put it on my desktop.
First you have to determine model of wifi adapter. Then go to support page of wifi adapter manufacturer,
download the driver,
copy to usb flash drive and then
install it on target pc.

If you cant find model name by physically inspecting the adapter, then
open Device Manager​
find device driver with exclamation mark​
choose properties/details/hardware ids​
and search web for listed hardware id.​

Would look something like this:

nicprop.jpg

Solution

palafoxnikarlo

Prominent
Jan 11, 2019
no. it detects the phone when I plug it in but will not recognize the hot spot
just to be clear we are talking about a wifi card right? the thing that goes straight inside your pc and not connected via usb right? if so can you check if the wifi card if it's properly plugged in. and if it's still not working can you pull it off the system and snaps some pictures. i should be then be able to identify it.