Question Why is my download speed slower than the upload speed?

May 23, 2019
Title, pretty much. Paying for 100/100, I have 100/100 on other devices connected to the same router via the same cable, but on this PC I get 5mbit/s down and 110mbit/s up. I'm not downloading anything, I'm not running anything in the background. It's a freshly formatted drive with nothing but windows 10 and Discord installed. Any ideas?

jnsupes

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
After checking another cable, you should also make sure that your network is secure so you don't have any wifi thieves.

I would also suggest double checking your ISP by calling tech support and seeing if their network shows your connection correctly. I have had to call my ISP a few times over the past few years for messing up my connection speeds and just general overloading too many customers on the same networks. Each time it would take a few hours for them to fix the issue, but eventually they fixed it on their end.

So normally after verifying my speedtests and connections are fine with a few devices but my speeds are not right, it ends up being the ISPs fault.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS