Question Why is my ethernet slower than wifi?

Jun 27, 2019
I'm sharing my connection from my laptop to my PC and the wifi speed is significantly slower. Wifi is around 120mbps and ethernet is 0.50 mbps.

Jun 27, 2019
Are you connected to a router or to an extender? Also what do you mean by sharing a connection? Provide an image if possible.
I have my laptop and PC connected together by ethernet. I've changed the adapter settings on the laptop to share the connection through the ethernet port. Essentially I'm using it as a router.

Jul 21, 2019
I have my laptop and PC connected together by ethernet. I've changed the adapter settings on the laptop to share the connection through the ethernet port. Essentially I'm using it as a router.
I'm no expert on wifi, routers, etc., but I wouldn't rely on the capabilities of the wifi adapter on a laptop to supply a much larger, internet consuming, pc. If possible, use an extender or router. If not, either stick with the wireless and make the best of it, or maybe replace you're wireless wifi adapter. If you have onboard wifi with your motherboard, then it will be a more challenging fix.

Jun 27, 2019
I'm no expert on wifi, routers, etc., but I wouldn't rely on the capabilities of the wifi adapter on a laptop to supply a much larger, internet consuming, pc. If possible, use an extender or router. If not, either stick with the wireless and make the best of it, or maybe replace you're wireless wifi adapter. If you have onboard wifi with your motherboard, then it will be a more challenging fix.
I've been using my laptop for wifi for a while now and till now it started giving me this issue. I should also look into getting a wifi adapter.