Question Why is my EZ Debug cpu light is solid white? Why is monitor not displaying anything?

Nov 28, 2021
I just got done finally building my first pc and my monitor is saying no signal. My cpu fan is spinning and so are my case fans. I did notice on the motherboard that a white light was on for my cpu. I don't have a spare cpu, cooler, or any thermal paste. I was just wondering is it a way around having to remove the cooler and cpu

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
It is possible that your motherboard BIOS is not updated to a version that supports your CPU and so you are having the issues mentioned.

B450 motherboards came out before the 5000 series Ryzen and so the BIOS may be of a version prior to what you need for support.

Do you get an MSI logo on boot?
Are you able to get into your BIOS by pressing Delete on boot?

Nov 28, 2021
It is possible that your motherboard BIOS is not updated to a version that supports your CPU and so you are having the issues mentioned.

B450 motherboards came out before the 5000 series Ryzen and so the BIOS may be of a version prior to what you need for support.

Do you get an MSI logo on boot?
Are you able to get into your BIOS by pressing Delete on boot?
I see I am new to all this and was following a bulid video. I don't have anything showing up on my monitor. I will push the delete button to see what happens

Nov 28, 2021
Do you know the BIOS rev installed on your motherboard? It needs to be at least 7C87V15 to work with your processor.

I don't think that board is one with a BIOS flashback feature so you'll need an earlier processor to do the update, and a GPU if it's not another APU such as a 2200G or 3200G. You might be able to get a loaner processor from AMD:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100
Its an bios update for ryzen 5000 series. Even if my motherboard needs to be updated, it's still doesn't make sense on why my monitor isn't displaying anything. I'm going to call AMD for help, so I won't waste your guys time thanks for the help

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
Its an bios update for ryzen 5000 series. Even if my motherboard needs to be updated, it's still doesn't make sense on why my monitor isn't displaying anything. I'm going to call AMD for help, so I won't waste your guys time thanks for the help
See what AMD say and report back if you can. This is a common issue unfortunately and a bit of a pain to resolve if you do not have another processor to hand.

The 5600G APU processors came out well after the launch of the 5000 CPU's so it might not have a 5600G BIOS. A 5000 processor BIOS prior to 7C87V15 will lack the part that initializes the internal GPU. So you get the white VGA LED, and no display on the monitor.

It might display on a discrete GPU so if you have an old one you can get hold of try that. If you do get a display and can get into BIOS then update it to the latest so your 5600G will be fully supported. It may not work but it's worth a try if you have an old GPU laying around.

Last edited:
Reactions: MEMOFLEX
Nov 28, 2021
The 5600G APU processors came out well after the launch of the 5000 CPU's so it might not have a 5600G BIOS. A 5000 processor BIOS prior to 7C87V15 will lack the part that initializes the internal GPU. So you get the white VGA LED, and no display on the monitor.

It might display on a discrete GPU so if you have an old one you can get hold of try that. If you do get a display and can get into BIOS then update it to the latest so your 5600G will be fully supported. It may not work but it's worth a try if you have an old GPU laying around.
I called both AMD and MSI, they both told me that I need to update the BIOS. I have two options get a boot kit from AMD or send my motherboard to MSI. I fill out a form to request a boot kit so right now I'm stuck having to wait to see if I get approved. Maybe I need to just save up to get a cpu that is compatible and then just get a gpu cause I keep having to spend lots of money anyways

... Maybe I need to just save up to get a cpu that is compatible and then just get a gpu cause I keep having to spend lots of money anyways
Can't help you much there....gaming capable GPU's are just horribly expensive these days. Even the low-end older generation ones like a GT1030, comparable with the one in your 5600G, cost way more than they should. But if you can swing it, getting a 5600X and a 6600XT would be a great way to go. It's just the $600-700 price tag that will make anyone choke.

You could go get a non-gaming capable GPU like this for $19. It might get you a display so you can install the BIOS update. But it might not so it is a gamble.

Last edited:

Rainy113

Prominent
Jul 13, 2020
Did you resolve your problem? Please tell us what worked or if you gave up. I'm having similar problems and see problems like this all over the forums but seldom do people come back and say exactly what fixed it. Thanks!

Nov 28, 2021
Did you resolve your problem? Please tell us what worked or if you gave up. I'm having similar problems and see problems like this all over the forums but seldom do people come back and say exactly what fixed it. Thanks!
I gave up it was costing me too much time and money. I did call a shop and he told me it probably was my motherboard. He said to get a new one like intel since there better than MSI, but I just stop caring. I'm going to eventually buy me a PC

Reactions: Rainy113

Rainy113

Prominent
Jul 13, 2020
I gave up it was costing me too much time and money. I did call a shop and he told me it probably was my motherboard. He said to get a new one like intel since there better than MSI, but I just stop caring. I'm going to eventually buy me a PC
That's too bad. I'm struggling with a Ryzen cpu on a MSI mobo right now. I wish I had known all the issues beforehand. But live and learn I guess. Good luck!

Nov 28, 2021
That's too bad. I'm struggling with a Ryzen cpu on a MSI mobo right now. I wish I had known all the issues beforehand. But live and learn I guess. Good luck!
Thank you! Same it gave me so many issues trying to build my own. If you still have time return the cpu and motherboard. Intel probably will be better. It was pain trying to get help from both Ryzen and MSI, they didn't help at all. See if you could go to a local pc repair shop maybe they could bulid it for you or get a custom build pc online

Reactions: Rainy113