Question Why is my fans not spinning, or registering in the bios?

Jun 20, 2020
So first time I’ve actually posted a thread or forum or anything like this for my PC, but I have recently got the CIT Raider from Amazon, I have the fans, they light up, they are cool!

I have them into the HUB and powered via SATA but my fans aren’t spinning, the bios doesn’t know they are there and I’m just generally confused... HELP!

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Most fans with RGB or ARGB lights in them have TWO cable from each fan. ONE goes to the RGB lighting control system, which it appears has been done. The SECOND normally has to plug into a mobo fan header to power the fan motor and control its speed. Check your fans for a second cable with a fan connector on the end.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The fan is 1 circuit. The lighting is 1 circuit. They aren't the same, nor controlled by the same source. You could rip the lighting off the fan and have the fan still fully functional.

So the ARGB/RGB has exactly zero to do with the fan itself. Treat it as 2 seperate items that happen to be glued together. Deal with the fans as you would any ordinary non lighted fan, ignoring the lighting/hib/rgb wiring totally.

Jun 20, 2020
I had a look on all fans they only have 1 cable which is a 5 pin for the hub. No cable can go on the MoBo because there is no 4 pin

I had another look there is another cable with the hub which I’ve never seen before and no idea where it goes

Last edited: