Qu9ke

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44-R99Q
Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon graphics
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650

I recently was given this laptop, and while I really do like it I have a question regarding its performance when compared to my desktop pc I built in 2014 (which is running an FX-6300 and GTX 660).

Why am I able to get around 1,000 FPS on my older desktop with older hardware on my rhythm game that I typically play while I get at most around 450 FPS on my laptop? Granted it still seems to run the game great, but I am just curious more than anything where that extra 550 FPS went. Given the laptop's specs, I was originally expecting well over 1,000 if anything, but less? I already went into the Nvidia control panel and set my standalone GPU (GTX 1650) as the preferred graphics processor which did bump up the FPS from the 300 to the 400 range. If this sort of thing is normal, then that's fine. I wanted to ask though just in case there was something I was missing. Thank you for the help.

Specs

I recently was given this laptop, and while I really do like it I have a question regarding its performance when compared to my desktop pc I built in 2014 (which is running an FX-6300 and GTX 660).

Why am I able to get around 1,000 FPS on my older desktop with older hardware on my rhythm game that I typically play while I get at most around 450 FPS on my laptop? Granted it still seems to run the game great, but I am just curious more than anything where that extra 550 FPS went. Given the laptop's specs, I was originally expecting well over 1,000 if anything, but less? I already went into the Nvidia control panel and set my standalone GPU (GTX 1650) as the preferred graphics processor which did bump up the FPS from the 300 to the 400 range. If this sort of thing is normal, then that's fine. I wanted to ask though just in case there was something I was missing. Thank you for the help.
Can be a mix of so many things my man. Theres bios settings theres a chance of maybe slught boost with ram increase idk if the machines have the same amount of ram or not but jumping to 16gb might help. Ummm theres power setterings in windows you can set everything to max preformance.

Reactions: Qu9ke
Specs

Theres any number of things it deepends on the game maybe code better to older platforms then newer. So the older machine just runs it like a master teaching it's rising apprentice.

Reactions: Qu9ke

Qu9ke

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
Can be a mix of so many things my man. Theres bios settings theres a chance of maybe slught boost with ram increase idk if the machines have the same amount of ram or not but jumping to 16gb might help. Ummm theres power setterings in windows you can set everything to max preformance.
Could it also be something as simple as not running ram in dual channel? My older desktop has the same amount of ram ( 8gb), but it is using two sticks in dual channel whereas my laptop has only one 8gb stick right now.

Gegemon007

BANNED
Feb 4, 2021
one thing about laptops is that they give lesser amount of fps compared to PC as they dont have enough space for the cpu to work to its maximum, so it stays somewhat at its medium speed, not at its highest

Reactions: white.a.drew