Question Why is my FPS so low?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 30, 2019
Hello everyone, im new here but got a important question, i have build my own pc lately, but my fps while gaming is incredibly low, i have a AMD ryzen 7 1700 CPU, a GTX 1060 6gb, and 8 gigs of ram. Im using two minitors, but that shoudnt be a problem since my friend has two as well with worse stats, and is gaming on 150 fps, Any help please?

Jun 30, 2019
What resolution are you playing in? What resolution is your friend using?
we are both playing on 2 screens with 1080P, and he has the 1050 Ti and i have the 1060, we both have the same RAM sticks, so i really dont think my ram is the isue here, we also have the same motherboard since we build our pc's at the same time....

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019
we are both playing on 2 screens with 1080P, and he has the 1050 Ti and i have the 1060, we both have the same RAM sticks, so i really dont think my ram is the isue here, we also have the same motherboard since we build our pc's at the same time....
i checked, my friend is running on the same speeds for his RAM, but still has an higher fps