[SOLVED] Why is my fps stuttering in most games with these specs?

May 3, 2020
Hey these are my pc's specs, pretty low end but ive seen alot of videos of games running extremely well on them, when i play i get a large amount of fps stuttering and lowering the graphics in most games dosent seem to help. Are there any upgrades i can make to this to stop my fps stuttering and stop my screen freezing for around half a second every time.

Amd Ryzen 5 2600 6 core processor 3.40ghz
Gtx 1050ti
ASRock A320M-DVS R3.0
Hyperx 2x4GB 1200 MHz DIMM (my ram seems to be bugged and i can only seem to use half of it or it is used up 100% by even google chrome)

Solution
i seriously have to buy a whole new motherboard ;I is there anything i can try to resolve it?
Your options are:
-get the 1x 16GBs of ram and just put up with any fps drops until you can afford to replace the mobo
-replace the mobo for a working one, and run that until 8GBs is no longer enough, then upgrade to 2x 8GBs.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok.

Have you ever updated the mobo's drivers - chipset, sata, lan, etc?

"my ram seems to be bugged and i can only seem to use half of it or it is used up 100% by even google chrome"
That you mention this also seems to indicate that you either have defective memory, or one of your memory slots is dead.

May 3, 2020
Ok.

Have you ever updated the mobo's drivers - chipset, sata, lan, etc?

"my ram seems to be bugged and i can only seem to use half of it or it is used up 100% by even google chrome"
That you mention this also seems to indicate that you either have defective memory, or one of your memory slots is dead.
No i havent updated them since i got the pc, how would i go about finding where to download them?

May 3, 2020
Ok so i just tested both of my ram sticks in each slot and i appear to have a faulty ram socket in slot 1. I put both ram sticks into slot 2 individually and it booted fine both times. But whenever i put any of the sticks in slot 1 my pc does not boot. Is there any possible solutions to this other than replacing my motherboard? When both sticks are installed this is what it says in task manager
-------------------------------------------------
Memory

8.0 GB

Speed: 1200 MHz
Slots used: 2 of 2
Form factor: DIMM
Hardware reserved: 4.1 GB

Available 2.0 GB
Cached 1.6 GB
Committed 4.3/12.9 GB
Paged pool 183 MB
Non-paged pool 213 MB
In use (Compressed) 1.9 GB (45.3 MB)
----------------------------------------------------
Ram : Hyperx 2x4GB 1200MHZ

May 3, 2020
Your options are:
-get the 1x 16GBs of ram and just put up with any fps drops until you can afford to replace the mobo
-replace the mobo for a working one, and run that until 8GBs is no longer enough, then upgrade to 2x 8GBs.
Thanks, im not looking to game with any kind of crazy fps or graphics i just want at least 60-70 fps on most games because im going to university soon so i wont have time to game so i will just sell my system

TRENDING THREADS