Why is my gaming laptop so slow in comparison to my PC with worse specs?

Feb 27, 2023
My razer gaming laptop is always running slower than my PC that has relatively the same or worse specs. My laptop's specs are Core i7-10750H 6-Core, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q, 512GB SSD, 16 GB ram DDR4 2933 MHz (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B086MFZBMB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1), My PC's specs are Ryzen 7 2700X, Vega 56, 500 GB SSD, 16GB RAM DDR4 3200. My laptop is not overheating, I have it placed under a fan, it's always cool to the touch. So why does my laptop run games that require much lower requirements such as recommended of GTX 1050 at very low frame rate?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
You do understand that the nomenclature for laptop components has more to do with generational identification than comparable performance (to similar generation PC parts), correct?

Look at how much power the PS is using vs. the laptop. This isn't apples to apples.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023
You do understand that the nomenclature for laptop components has more to do with generational identification than comparable performance (to similar generation PC parts), correct?

Look at how much power the PS is using vs. the laptop. This isn't apples to apples.
I don't understand I'm not very familiar with computers, can you explain? Will using more power make my laptop run faster?

D

Deleted member 14196

A gaming laptop will never perform like a desktop gaming machine. Never ever. For one thing they generate a ton of heat and they’re hard to cool so you’re probably being thermal throttled

Mar 11, 2023
There could be several reasons why your gaming laptop is slower than your PC with worse specs, such as thermal throttling, insufficient RAM or outdated drivers, among other potential factors. It's recommended to perform some troubleshooting steps, like checking for background processes, updating drivers and running benchmark tests, to determine the root cause of the issue.