[SOLVED] Why is my gaming PC underperforming this badly?

Joachim_1

Honorable
Sep 18, 2015
Hello

I bought a new gaming PC two months ago. Here are my specs:

Ryzen 5 3600
B450M Pro-VDH Max
16 GB Ram
Windows 11 x64

I play at 1440p. My AMD drivers are always the latest.

Compared to benchmarks, I'm underperforming wildly. For example, my average Far Cry 6 FPS is 70 according to the AMD software, while it should be around 100.
My Quake Champions average FPS is 97, while it should be 120-280.
My Unreal Tournament (2015) average FPS is 97, but I have episodes of genuine stuttering during the game. It's a game from 2015, it should run smoothly. AMD software actually recommend I increase ingame graphics settings, while I have ingame stuttering.
In The Division 2, my average framerate is 55, which is equal to a GTX 1080.

Across most of the games I play, I get stuttering and occasional screen tearing, too.

I run a DisplayPort cable to my monitor, and a HDMI cable to my audio receiver to my stereo speakers. Does this kind of dual monitor setup cause framerate drops? Could this be due to windows 11?

Any other ideas?

All help is much appreciated.

Solution
I would try removing the gpu driver using DDU and then reinstalling the latest driver. Is this system running a fresh install of Windows, just checking you didn’t reuse an install from a different system or motherboard?

Joachim_1

Honorable
Sep 18, 2015
I'm not sure actually. I didn't take too close of a look at AMD's average FPS. I don't think AMD gave vastly different average FPS, but on the other hand, I don't recall UT(2015) stuttering this much before.

Is there a way to find out if windows 11 is the culprit, without the need to actually roll back and try it?

Last edited:
Hello

I bought a new gaming PC two months ago. Here are my specs:

Ryzen 5 3600
B450M Pro-VDH Max
16 GB Ram
Windows 11 x64

I play at 1440p. My AMD drivers are always the latest.

Compared to benchmarks, I'm underperforming wildly. For example, my average Far Cry 6 FPS is 70 according to the AMD software, while it should be around 100.
Techspot are testing the game with a Ryzen 9 5950X paired with 32GB of dual-rank, dual-channel DDR4-3200 CL14 memory.

Reactions: kerberos_20