Question Why is my GeForce 9200 suddenly overheating when idle?

Tomme D3

Prominent
Jul 5, 2020
Currently putting together an older PC tower for a friend who just wanted something cheap that meets her office work requirements and that she can stream HD quality off youtube, Netflix ect... I had a decent build going, testing out different older graphics cards I have acquired and had a Evga gt 9500 that had duel support and gave the older hardware a decent picture. Problem arose when the onboard gpu (Nvidia GeForce 9200) started reaching temps around 80c. This is under no load and I even tried to underclock it to its lowest setting with MSI afterburner. Bios isn't too helpful, I can't just disable it in favor of the 9500 like other cards, short of a fan mod over the heat sink I am not sure what to do. Is it due to the similarities of a 9200 and a 9500? If I dropped Nvidia and put an older Radeon card into it could that possibly help or rule out a few things...
Build Info- CPU- Phenom ii x4 820
RAM- 4gb Hynix DDR3
Motherboard- Gateway SX2311
GPU- Onboard Geforce 9200 512gb
PCIe- Geforce 9500gt 1gb
OS- Win 10 Home Edition
Any other info needed I'm sure I can dig it up. Thanks!

Tomme D3

Prominent
Jul 5, 2020
I did rig up a small fan from a DVR box to run off the usb header lol...doubled up the two 5v and the grounds and it was enough to run a 12v fan...so that was interesting at least....but in the end, I wiped all the drivers and did a clean reinstall and it seems to of solved whatever the issue was. I had recently done the thermal paste as you mentioned so I double checked it was seated correctly, thank you for the reminder. But yea, seems all good thanks for listening.