[SOLVED] Why is my GPU always at max load while idle?

Freakzontour

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
it stated a while ago and i have no idea why.
no viruses, nothing.
scanned with norton, malwarebytes, zen.
https://i.imgur.com/d2ITK3c.png

thank you.
d2ITK3c.png

Solution

Not surprising as I have very similar experiences with locked boost clocks on occasion. Certain driver variations cause me more headaches then others for the locked boost clocks. Once and a...

Freakzontour

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

its was a clean install with ddu. it was fine few days.
setting the core clock a little higher and max performance in nvidia control panel was all i did.
this happened the next day after i booted up the pc.

Freakzontour

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Uninstalled the Nvidia driver with ddu in safe mode, uninstalled the Asus GPU Tweak II few times.
same result.
Uninstalled the GPU Tweak II for the 4th time and uninstalled the Nvidia driver again with DDU without safe mode.
worked somehow...

I am 100% sure it will happen again.
And i hope there is a better solution than reinstalling all this stuff all over again and again because it is getting stuck for no particular reason..

(god bless m.2 nvme.. i'd lost it even more if it was on a 2min boot each reinstall instead of a few seconds..)

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

Not surprising as I have very similar experiences with locked boost clocks on occasion. Certain driver variations cause me more headaches then others for the locked boost clocks. Once and a while I'll have to run DDU two or three times for it to "stick" and clock down when idle. I was actually checking to see if you had fixed it and was going to tell you to try DDU a few times. Glad to see you got there anyways...and your right on this driver (or upgrading from it) will quite possibly lock up again. Running the minimum in GPU tweaking/monitoring programs helps. I find folks who have MSI afterburner, EVGA precision, GPU-z, etc all at the same time are more likely to have these issues.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS