[SOLVED] Why is my gpu so hot

jessicat1261

Commendable
Jan 14, 2021
I just recently upgraded my gpu from a Nividea GTX 760 to an RX OC 4gb SAPPHIRE and it works all fine,but the top of my gpu is so warm and I don't know if I should be concerned about it or not.The gpu is off eBay

Solution
I just recently upgraded my gpu from a Nividea GTX 760 to an RX OC 4gb SAPPHIRE and it works all fine,but the top of my gpu is so warm and I don't know if I should be concerned about it or not.The gpu is off eBay

All modern GPUs get warm, it's normal. Warm isn't something we can quantify though, nor is a "RX OC 4gb Sapphire ... off of eBay." Whether it's from eBay or not is irrelevant to how warm it is, and all I can pull from that statement is that it's an RX Sapphire card with 4 GB of VRAM, but with no model number (5500, 570, 580) we don't even know what GPU you are referring to. A specific temperature would be nice too.

All modern GPUs get warm, it's normal. Warm isn't something we can quantify though, nor is a "RX OC 4gb Sapphire ... off of eBay." Whether it's from eBay or not is irrelevant to how warm it is, and all I can pull from that statement is that it's an RX Sapphire card with 4 GB of VRAM, but with no model number (5500, 570, 580) we don't even know what GPU you are referring to. A specific temperature would be nice too.

Solution