[SOLVED] Why is my H115I platinum not turning on or working?

Jan 28, 2021
I saw that my CPU was running idol at 87 ° C, so I looked at my AIO and saw that it wasn't on. I checked to make sure it was plugged into the motherboard and it was, and I'm not sure whats wrong with it. If someone could help me figure out whats wrong with it that would be great.
My specs are,
EVGA 650W PSU
i7 8700 cpu
MSI titanium GTX 1070ti
H115i platinum AIO
corsair vengeance rgb pro 2x8 gb ram
MSI Z390-A PRO LGA1151 Motherboard

Solution
The H115i will have several wires to the pump block. 1 small wire will go to the motherboard, has 4 prongs. A larger wire with a wide, flat connector is the Sata power and goes directly to the power supply. You'll also have 2 small wires that look the same as the motherboard wire, but go to the radiator fans. Lastly there should be a flat ribbon cable that goes to the bottom of the motherboard and has 10 prongs, that's the usb cable.

You should also have a program called iCue. That's the controlling software for the pump/rgbs.

The motherboard 4 prong should have tiny lettering that says cpu_fan or similar. If it says sys_fan or sys_fan or sys_aux etc it's the wrong port. It has to be cpu_fan not cpu_aux.

Unplug the pc from power...
Jan 28, 2021
getting power from the psu?
I am not sure but I would assume it is because my uncle built this computer and he has built many PC's before so I think he would know to do that. Do you think that the cord could have stopped working or something like that. also how can I check if it is getting power from the psu, I cant see which cable is the stata cable for the psu.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The H115i will have several wires to the pump block. 1 small wire will go to the motherboard, has 4 prongs. A larger wire with a wide, flat connector is the Sata power and goes directly to the power supply. You'll also have 2 small wires that look the same as the motherboard wire, but go to the radiator fans. Lastly there should be a flat ribbon cable that goes to the bottom of the motherboard and has 10 prongs, that's the usb cable.

You should also have a program called iCue. That's the controlling software for the pump/rgbs.

The motherboard 4 prong should have tiny lettering that says cpu_fan or similar. If it says sys_fan or sys_fan or sys_aux etc it's the wrong port. It has to be cpu_fan not cpu_aux.

Unplug the pc from power and physically trace the wiring, the only plug that can possibly be in the wrong spot is the motherboard cpu_fan, all others will only plug to their own plugs.

Solution
Jan 28, 2021

Unplug the pc from power and physically trace the wiring, the only plug that can possibly be in the wrong spot is the motherboard cpu_fan, all others will only plug to their own plugs.
Thanks for the help. I have the 4 prong wire plugged into the mother board for Icue and it doesnt pop up. I see all of the other wires besides the one that goes directly into the PSU, and because I dont see my cpu cooler in my Icue im going to assume that it isn't getting power. I'm going to check this out when i get home and ill get back to you when I figure this out.

Jan 28, 2021
There is a Sata power cable that supplies power to AIO - may have come loose. Just a male to female connection, press toegether.
Motherboard controls the fan speed and a USB connection for the light control.
Looks like these:https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=sata+power+cable
Have your Uncle check it out, When he built it for you he sort of took ownership over repairs and upgrades.
yah so i was planning on building my own pc for the holidays, but all of the gpu's were sold out, so he sold me his old pc that he built himself, because he built it a while ago he doesnt really know what the problem is, which sucks because it kinda prevents me from doing much with it.

Jan 28, 2021

Also could this cause slower RAM performance, because my ram is supposed to run at 3200mhz and its running at 2133, and when i oc it my pc runs slow.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
No. Ram and cpu cooler aren't linked like that.

DDR4 default speed is 2133MHz. You'll either get that or upto 2933MHz depending on the exact cpu used as that'll be the speed set by the cpu memory controller.

Anything above those speeds is considered OC. Your ram is 3200MHz, what that means is its 2133MHz ram that's certified to be stable upto 3200MHz. To enable the fastest rated speed you'll need to enable XMP (DOCP, EOCP, A-XMP depending on vendor but all the same) and is usually found under the 2nd tab for Ai OC or some such. It's an automatic setting, requires nothing else, it has all the timings and voltages preset for the ram. Manual OC is different in that you'll also need to change the ram voltage, the timings and other settings etc and is a pain to get straight.