Question Why is my Hybrid hard drive running 15mbs

May 20, 2019
Last year I purchased a 1tb Seagate Firecuda. Ever since my first install its been extremely slow. I'm not very good with computers and I would like some help getting things running properly. Any ideas of what the issue could be?

I know that it's been installed correctly in my motherboard.

my specs:

cpu i5-9400F

gpu gtx 960

motherboard z390 M gaming

ram 8gb ddr4 hyper x

psu 500w bronze evga

I had a firecuda as well, and iirc the hybrid/ssd part is only 8gb. So after that's full and depending on what actually installed onto it, it's just a standard HDD. I never noticed any difference between that and my wd blue. You may not have any issues, it may just be the way it is. That was my experience with mine. I know not much help, just my experience with the same drive.

Reactions: treant234
May 20, 2019
I had a firecuda as well, and iirc the hybrid/ssd part is only 8gb. So after that's full and depending on what actually installed onto it, it's just a standard HDD. I never noticed any difference between that and my wd blue. You may not have any issues, it may just be the way it is. That was my experience with mine. I know not much help, just my experience with the same drive.
That sounds about right to me. The only thing I don't understand is the extremely slow speeds I'm getting. It's getting to the point where simple tasks take up 100% of my hard drives performance.

popatim

Titan
Download, install, and then run Seagate Seatools Seagate tech support will have you do that anyways...

If Seatools passes its testing then download, install, & run CrystalDiskInfo. Take a screenshot of the image, host it on an imagehosting site such as tinypic or imgur and provide a link to it here for us.

Can you also run a benchmark application for us and link us an screenshot of that as well. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS