Question Why is my Hyperx Cloud 2 microphone not working?

Feb 14, 2019
Just ordered it off of amazon and got it today, took about 30 minutes trying to find every fix in the book to get it to work on discord, and I mute myself for 10 minutes, come back and now my i'm back to square one. Nothing is recognizing it as a mic, I can hear through it, but can't talk. And when I DID talk, it was really bad quality.

yar2000

Commendable
Jul 18, 2019
You probably already checked this but are you sure the device is enabled as a recording device in your sound settings? I wouldn't know any other problem personally, never had problems with the Cloud 2. Might just be a faulty one?

Feb 14, 2019
You probably already checked this but are you sure the device is enabled as a recording device in your sound settings? I wouldn't know any other problem personally, never had problems with the Cloud 2. Might just be a faulty one?
Yeah, the only explanation I've come up with so far is that the USB plug-in is crappy, and I actually need to connect it into the back of my pc in my own soundboard, and apparently it didn't come with an adapter so I'll be getting one tomorrow and checking if it works