[SOLVED] Why is my internet speed is so low on wireless and my AP's interface is showing TX Errors under WLAN?

Nov 2, 2020
Hello, I just changed some connections. I put my router where all my house's ethernet cables are. Then put my room and living room's cables to the router.

I put an AP to my room via ethernet cable. Also, I activated AP's wireless option because the router's wireless signal was weak.

Since I've done this, on cable connection I'm having 100 Mbps stable connection but on wireless, I'm having stutters and 50 Mbps download speed.

On the access point's interface I'm seeing there are TX Errors and TX Losses on VLAN.

What might cause this problem and how can I fix it?

Router; Zyxel VMG3625-T50B
Access Point; Zyxel WAP3205 v3 Wireless N300

A help would be appreciated, thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Solution
A good first step would be to get some detail of the other wifi networks available via a wifi analyzer app for Win 10 or Android (unfortunately apple products do not give the best details for this) and you can see what channels are optimized for your use, or if you need to upgrade to a 5ghz AP if the available networks on 2.4 are overwhelming (same for my area, I see hundreds of APs in my scanner app and since I have upgraded I now have stable & reliable connections on all my devices)
A good first step would be to get some detail of the other wifi networks available via a wifi analyzer app for Win 10 or Android (unfortunately apple products do not give the best details for this) and you can see what channels are optimized for your use, or if you need to upgrade to a 5ghz AP if the available networks on 2.4 are overwhelming (same for my area, I see hundreds of APs in my scanner app and since I have upgraded I now have stable & reliable connections on all my devices)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS