[SOLVED] Why is my internet upload speed is only slow on MY PC and not any other device

Aug 7, 2020
Recently I bought a new WiFi router and my upload speed immediately plummeted down to usually 0.15 megabytes per second I tested to see if it was the WiFi or the internet itself and from what I was able to tell its the internet because I plugged it into my PC, so I plugged in my previous router and all it did was just make download speeds a bit slower but nothing changed for upload speed even though it was completely fine on every other device does anyone have a fix?

Solution
Recently I bought a new WiFi router and my upload speed immediately plummeted down to usually 0.15 megabytes per second I tested to see if it was the WiFi or the internet itself and from what I was able to tell its the internet because I plugged it into my PC, so I plugged in my previous router and all it did was just make download speeds a bit slower but nothing changed for upload speed even though it was completely fine on every other device does anyone have a fix?

It may seem like it is the internet, but I am always suspicious of WiFi. If you can, check which bands are being used by the system with issues and the system without issues. For example, 2.4GHz versus 5GHz may be susceptible to different noise sources. One...

jwcrellin

Reputable
Could be a crappy ethernet cable. Could be you may want to update your network adapter drivers. Call you ISP and upgrade your service from 10 to 35? There are also add-in pci-e network cards if you have an open slot on your motherboard as a last resort

It may seem like it is the internet, but I am always suspicious of WiFi. If you can, check which bands are being used by the system with issues and the system without issues. For example, 2.4GHz versus 5GHz may be susceptible to different noise sources. One computer may be set up to use any band the router has, while another computer might have hardware not allowing the same bands. Even if both are capable of using the same bands, one of them may have used the "good band", while the other can only take what's left over.

Solution