Question Why is my IP address getting blacklisted by websites?

Sep 3, 2020
A few weeks ago I noticed that I was unable to connect to Cisco Webex from my IP address. When I used a VPN or a mobile hotspot, it worked fine. I also noticed that USPS Click-N-Ship isn't connecting as well, with both websites giving my browser an error page (CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT and HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR respectively). I asked Cisco about this and they claimed that the problem must be with my network as they do not block IPs. I did some searching online and noticed that my IP appeared on some blacklist websites like ipvoid.com. I talked to my ISP about getting a new IP and they did, which solved the problem.

Just today I noticed that the exact same thing is happening; neither websites are working and my IP appears on some blacklists. I have no idea what could be causing this and I'm hoping that someone could help me out.

A few of the blacklist sites say that I may have landed on there by running a misconfigured email server, but I am not running an email server of any variety.

any chance your home's router (if applicable) was/is perhaps compromised?

Nuke and pave your system (ending malware /keylogger concerns) , then factory reset your router, update firmware, choose more rock solid password of 16 digits/characters,

, then try the new IP address change...

Reactions: rgd1101
Sep 3, 2020
any chance your home's router (if applicable) was/is perhaps compromised?

Nuke and pave your system (ending malware /keylogger concerns) , then factory reset your router, update firmware, choose more rock solid password of 16 digits/characters,

, then try the new IP address change...

I don't think so, no. All connected devices are accounted for. Firmware is the latest version and I already tried resetting the router the first time around.