Question Why is my Laptop battery draining in sleep mode?

Roman_16

Honorable
Oct 29, 2016
My laptop has been heating and draining the battery in sleep mode. Previously, it would stay in sleep mode for days.
https://ibb.co/Qrr0ZjG

Before:
I posted issues with my GPU as well here:

Roman_16

Honorable
Oct 29, 2016
There's a known Windows bug. I believe if you put it to sleep while the power is connected and then unplug it'll tank the battery. There was a fix posted here but I can't seem to find it.
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you tell me what's this bug called? I can try finding it and later let u guys know if it fixed it or not.

I have disabled Windows fast boot.
I usually use the laptop via Type C with my Hp Z32 monitor and I have disabled sleep on closing lid on both battery and power. I use the sleep option from > Start > Power > Sleep. Also the monitor itself goes on sleep mode and disconnects the power to laptop as well so I think that you are correct about the bug.
Apart from this windows put the laptop on sleep after 30 minutes both on power and on battery.

what drains it is called this:
standy mode S0 low power idle (network connected), also called modern standby, this one is active when notebook is sleeping while charger is connected, but once you unplug charger, laptop should switch to S0 low power idle (no network), but it still remains network connected, which drains battery

so unplug charger before you put laptop to sleep

or you can read through this

Reactions: Roman_16
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you tell me what's this bug called? I can try finding it and later let u guys know if it fixed it or not.

I have disabled Windows fast boot.
I usually use the laptop via Type C with my Hp Z32 monitor and I have disabled sleep on closing lid on both battery and power. I use the sleep option from > Start > Power > Sleep. Also the monitor itself goes on sleep mode and disconnects the power to laptop as well so I think that you are correct about the bug.
Apart from this windows put the laptop on sleep after 30 minutes both on power and on battery.
The only thing I think that'll work is to disconnect power before closing lid or putting to sleep.