Question Why is my laptop downloading at 500 kb/s and uploading at 60-80 mb/s?

Feb 13, 2019
Hello, I am currently at college and on the college's wifi. My download speeds have generally been great up until about 2 weeks ago. Now, anything I try to download is so sluggish on any wifi I've tried, (I've tried three) upload speeds are always looking good. I'm currently downloading most downloads at a speed of about 500 kb/s while my upload is from 60-80mb/s. Thank you.

Feb 13, 2019
hello and thank you for replying, I apologize I didn't give enough info. I have speedtested at different times throughout the day and have had different friends download at different times and not one time has any of them had an issue with download speeds. It seems to be my computer

Feb 13, 2019
Did u wired it backwards? :D KIDDING!

Ask them, wu's up? Once you test this with more than 1 device there is nothing else u can do locally.
Thanks for the reply! I'm just wondering if there's anything anyone might know that may be wrong with my computer since this issue began only two weeks ago and the issue only seems to occur with my laptop, I have a Dell G7 so the WIFI card shouldn't be slow.

Last edited: