[SOLVED] Why is my laptop not able to run in lowest setting some of the newest games

Oct 22, 2020
Hello,

I just noticed in some of the recent games coming out i have been starting to have some issues performance wise to play some of the newer games. For example im only running Far cry new dawn on 50 fps on the lowest settings even if my specs should be enough. Or the newer call of duty cold at war im above 60 fps on the lowest setting but i always drop under 60 in gun fights.

So i would just be interested to know what exactly is causing this is it my cpu or my gpu or even something else ?

Here are my specs http://prntscr.com/v4w8yl.

I also noticed that my computer is getting very hot whenever i play games nowadays.

thank you for any help

Solution
Your gpu is overheating, that’s a problem. You may have to take the laptop apart and clean out all dust and you may need to replace the thermal paste.

On a laptop? Usually on modern laptops the GPU is integrated into the main logic board, it is not a separate unit like on desktops. Yeah it does sound like a heating issue and that could mean that your laptop is at the end of the line. Gaming laptops, even heavy gaming, usually aren't subjected to that kind of stress on a daily basis.

But before you do anything that drastic I would at least check to make sure that you're running the most current version of Windows, that the BIOS is up to date, and that all drivers are up to date.

g-unit1111

Titan
Your gpu is overheating, that’s a problem. You may have to take the laptop apart and clean out all dust and you may need to replace the thermal paste.

On a laptop? Usually on modern laptops the GPU is integrated into the main logic board, it is not a separate unit like on desktops. Yeah it does sound like a heating issue and that could mean that your laptop is at the end of the line. Gaming laptops, even heavy gaming, usually aren't subjected to that kind of stress on a daily basis.

But before you do anything that drastic I would at least check to make sure that you're running the most current version of Windows, that the BIOS is up to date, and that all drivers are up to date.

Solution
Oct 22, 2020
okay ill do that i think you maybe right i had this laptop for more than 3 years now so maybe ill check these things. If it dosn't work ill just go start looking for a new laptop

TRENDING THREADS