[SOLVED] Why is my Laptop slow to connect to Wi-Fi?

Dec 28, 2019
I have an Asus k53e laptop. I have it connected to my TV via HDMI. When I boot up the laptop it takes like 4 or 5 minutes for it to connect to the home Wi-Fo. Tbe router is only 18 inches away from the TV. I went into my settings and unchecked the box that said to allow the Wi-Fi adapter to sleep when the computer is turned off. That didn't change anything. It's really frustrating. It boots up super fast, just takes forever to connect to Wi-Fi. Any suggestions and how to fix this?

Solution
try updating Wi-Fi drivers with the ones provided by Asus on their website for your specific model laptop.

Alternatively, if those are the drivers you are using, then uninstall them and let Windows install whatever updated drivers it wants from Windows Update

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
try updating Wi-Fi drivers with the ones provided by Asus on their website for your specific model laptop.

Alternatively, if those are the drivers you are using, then uninstall them and let Windows install whatever updated drivers it wants from Windows Update

Solution