[SOLVED] Why is my LG 27GL650F-B 27 monitor stuck on 3840 × 2160 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2020
My LG 27GL650F-B 27 monitor is stuck at 3840 × 2160. Everytime I open a game is says "your base resolution is 3840 × 2160 switch to the recommended 1920 x 1080" but i dont know how to change it, this is causing my pc to lag and games to be stuck at 30hz unless i go into windowed/borderless mode. (yes I've tried changing the resolution and hz in the windows settings but they show up as 1920x1080 and 120hz) im using this cord i found on amazon this is the cable im using 4K HDR HDMI Cable 4 Feet, 18Gbps 4K 120Hz, 4K 60Hz(4:4:4, HDR10, ARC, HDCP2.2) 1440p 144Hz, High Speed Ultra HD Cord 26AWG i also used the display port cable that the monitor came with and nothing changed still had the same problem stuck at 3840 × 2160 . here's the image of the error message.* NOTE THIS IS AN EXTERNAL MONITOR ON MY LAPTOP*

Last edited:
Solution
might be the monitor

Hey all, need some advice because I'm confused.

I'm using an LG 27GL650F-B for my desktop, which is a 1080 monitor. All good, Windows, games, Linux, etc all play nicely at 1080.

I plugged it into my XBox Series X today, and that detects it as a 4K monitor. Weirdly though it's not just the XB reporting it incorrectly. The monitor itself shows a warning message that it's not running at the recommended resolution (running at 4K instead). If I check the "Information" option in the monitors settings, that also shows it running at 4K.

something in screen is registering a 4k signal

You might want to contact LG since I assume its fairly new monitor?

Colif

Win 11 Master
might be the monitor

Hey all, need some advice because I'm confused.

I'm using an LG 27GL650F-B for my desktop, which is a 1080 monitor. All good, Windows, games, Linux, etc all play nicely at 1080.

I plugged it into my XBox Series X today, and that detects it as a 4K monitor. Weirdly though it's not just the XB reporting it incorrectly. The monitor itself shows a warning message that it's not running at the recommended resolution (running at 4K instead). If I check the "Information" option in the monitors settings, that also shows it running at 4K.

something in screen is registering a 4k signal

You might want to contact LG since I assume its fairly new monitor?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.