[SOLVED] Why is my monitor not turning on? Am I not plugging things in the right place?

Jan 7, 2021
I’m new to computers and I found a PC that I had a couple years back but the monitor won’t turn on at all. Am I plugging things in wrong? Thanks in advance!

PC wires photo

Monitor wires photo

the DC IN on the monitor plugs into the wall and my PC has two VGA and HDMI cable and I’m not sure where to put the cables

Solution
You don't need both plugged. It's one or the other. HDMI or VGA.

Do you have a graphics card in your system? If you do you need to plug the HDMI or VGA on the GPU and not on the board.
Jan 7, 2021
You only need to use the hdmi cable......take out the vga cable

Although I still think the monitor should turn on.

Check the power plug at the wall and at the monitor.
I took out the vga cable and the power in the wall is working but it still won’t turn on. Is that something wrong with my monitor?

Jan 7, 2021
You don't need both plugged. It's one or the other. HDMI or VGA.

Do you have a graphics card in your system? If you do you need to plug the HDMI or VGA on the GPU and not on the board.
I’m not too sure but I believe it does have a GPU since it was built to be a “gaming” computer. Should I plug it into the other HDMI area?

I’m not too sure but I believe it does have a GPU since it was built to be a “gaming” computer. Should I plug it into the other HDMI area?

Look at the picture below. The top connection are for the motherboard / CPU integrated graphics. If you have a Graphics Card and you see an HDMI connection like the picture at the bottom then yes you have to connect to the GPU and not the motherboard.

https://support.cyberpowerpc.com/hc/article_attachments/360028079213/Display_Outputs.jpg