[SOLVED] Why is my new build restarting when i try to install windows 10

Oct 22, 2019
As said in the title i am building a new pc. My system is able to POST and get to the mobo software. I am able to see all other components recognized. I created a usb of windows 10 using the windows media creation tool. When i boot to the usb to try and install i see the first window that ask you to choose a language. Once i start clicking button on my keyboard it will continue for like 5-7 secs and proceed to black out my display and initiates the boot to the usb again.

I have removed/replaced the heatsink to the CPU. Says 30 C on the mobo software. https://m.imgur.com/gallery/oPsYsK1

I did try just leaving the initial window during the install without clicking any keys and it stayed alive for more than 10 seconds. As soon as i type it will restart. Keyboard and mouse also work fine in the mobo software interface and for however far i can get through the install.

Below is my build:
mobo - aorus pro z390
cpu - i5 9600k
gpu - N/A still on its way
psu - corsair cx 750 m
ram - 2 x 8gb corsair vengeance lpx 2400 mhz
cpu fan - enermax (not sure the model at the moment) runs fine though from what i can see

Oct 22, 2019
You should have mentioned that earlier. That was the answer i was leaning towards though :p .

If you look at the link I placed on the post my cpu frequency shows ~4300 but my base CPU speed is 3.7Ghz would this be some sort of overclock? I didn’t make any changes to the bios in that aspect. Might there be any settings to actually force it to reduce the speeds?

If you look at the link I placed on the post my cpu frequency shows ~4300 but my base CPU speed is 3.7Ghz would this be some sort of overclock? I didn’t make any changes to the bios in that aspect. Might there be any settings to actually force it to reduce the speeds?
I think thats the normal all core boost for 9600k. Check what your ram is set to in the bios. Increase the ram voltage for stability. DDR4 is safe up to 1.35v

i believe i did do that. it comes with F9 and that should work with my cpu anyways. ill try again.
If you bought the CPU recently, it's likely it's the R0 stepping version of the i5-9600k. That's what happened to me. My motherboard (BIOS), out of the box, supported the i5-96000k with respect to being able to get into the BIOS and tweak settings. However, only the P0 stepping version of the i5-9600k could install Windows 10. The R0 stepping version would hang up on Windows installation.

I download and installed the LATEST BIOS for my motherboard and the installation of Windows 10 went just fine.